A wealth of new information is released on Disney’s new Galaxy’s Edge Star Wars Attraction. We talk about all of that information as well as the retirement of a beloved cast member from Disneyland. In our entertainment news this week there’s wedding bells for a couple of the cast from one of our favorite shows currently on television and a bit of a shakeup on the Voice. Check out all this interesting news and our Insightful Picks of the Week.
Insightful pocket by informative posts in the sites. A podcast network:
come to insights into entertainment, a podcast series, taking a deeper look into entertainment and media. Your hosts, Joseph and Michelle Waylon, a husband and wife, team of pop culture, phonetics are exploring all things from music and movies to television and fandom.:
Welcome to insights into entertainment. Episode 15 living on the edge. I’m your host, Joseph Wayland and my brilliant and talented cohost Michelle Wayland. Hello everyone. How are you doing this week sweetie? I am fantabulous. That is awesome. Today didn’t need detective. We have a boatload of information on Galaxy’s edge shore do and then we have some information on a fan favorite retiring. Then we can move on to our entertainment news where we have wedding bells for a couple of our favorite cast members from a popular TV show. We Watch [inaudible] and then we have some information on a mix up of judges on the voice. Uh Huh. And we will finish up from there with our insightful picks of the week. Are we ready? I think we are this time. I think we are.:
go for Disney detective.:
So as everybody I’m sure is aware, uh, Disney’s galaxy edge in Disney land, we’ll actually open this Friday and some of the things that are coming out is a first look at the guide map where you can see where, uh, the various different things are within the park. So it’s actually going to be the largest and most technologically advanced single themed area in ever in a Disney park. Uh, you’ll step right into the remote planet and it’ll offer unique sights and sounds and smells and tastes and be a complete immersive experience. If you look at the map, you can see that there’s actually four, uh, three entrances to the 14 acre land. Uh, once inside there’ll be plenty of, uh, stores, uh, to explore and kind of different, uh, activities to kind of enhance your, your adventure and can also, uh, you’ll be able to navigate through the area using, uh, the APP, the park app on your phone.:
No. Or there, have they announced any interactive games or anything? Actually they have, that’s, that’s one of the things, um, on one of the other articles talked about various different things that you could go to. The other cool thing, which if you want to bring up, I think you have it up already, is that a Disney likes to do a lot of live streaming these days when they have different events. So, um, they’re actually going to be doing a galaxy’s edge live dedication ceremony that’ll actually be on Wednesday, may 29. It’s going to begin at 8:20 PM Pacific Time. So anybody out in the east coast, it’s actually 11:20 PM. Um, and they’re gonna do their whole little opening ceremony thing so that, that’ll be really cool, um, to watch. They’ve done it before for the fireworks and um, illuminations and other various things. So it’ll be nice to kind of get, you know, a glimpse at the, the land a couple of days before it opened.:
So that should be kind of cool. So with a guide map is Disney typically released the guide maps ahead of time before sometimes they kind of come out a little bit beforehand, but then they’ve been doing previews all week for the press and things like that. So I’m sure came out, you know that way too. But then another interesting article that d 23 produced was the cool things that you might not know about galaxy’s edge. Um, so going along with that, the interactive is that they have the data pad. So what you want to do is you want to make sure that you download the Disney play app, um, and that you’ll be allowed to actually interact with droids. You’ll scan objects for special messages, be able to translate things and um, right thing learn, you know, the Star Wars Language and the Star Wars alphabet using um, using your phone or your question.:
What’s The star wars alphabet referred to us. I can’t pronounce it. I have it on my screen or rubbish. Thank you. You’re just cooler than I am. So yeah, so the apple help unscramble coated transmissions and hack into cool devices, control panels. And even droids that you’ll be able to interact with. Obviously, one of the other things that a lot of people are excited about is the custom lightsabers. Now, Disney had already done for years. You could make a, you know, custom light sabers, but they were play lightsabers. They, you know, they were, you know, your typical all plastic. Um, you know, for, I don’t even remember how much they were, 30 bucks probably should’ve been probably. Um, but now they’re actually making the heavy metal, you know, light up a lightsabers you would get from other third party, right. Ultra sabers or something like that.:
And now it’s, it’s, you know, a star wars branded light saber and they’re running about $200, which honestly, it’s about what they cost, you know, for the, you know, the run of the mill star wars person or, you know, park guess they’d probably be like, oh my God, that’s a lot of money where somebody that’s into play a member of the five oh first, um, or just to geek like you, you’re like 200 bucks. Like, yeah, take my money that’s comparable, comparable to other, absolutely. Absolutely. And, and I was going to say all the ones that, you know, the master replica ones that you know that you have that that’s totally doable. Uh, so that’ll be a very cool thing that a lot of people are looking for. And you know, looking at some of the pictures they have, you know, various different hilts. It’s not just, you know, your standard three hilts um, you know, so it definitely looks very customizable.:
Um, very interesting to see. I’d be interested to see what level of customization because typically when you go and go to a custom saver and ultra saver company, there’s kind of a formula of the pieces. You’ve got bright, calm, all the hill, the graveyard, you know, various pieces that you can pick and choose and intermingle. So I’m curious how much customization. Right, right. It also makes me wonder if now that they’re providing the service, they haven’t really gone out and crack down on these third party companies that we’re doing. Are they going to do that now because it’s business, I don’t know. Well, and you figure two the only people, you know, I don’t think it’s something you can order online and then get something you can, you know, you can only do in the parking. Yeah. Maybe one, you know, that would be really cool if you could order it online, you know, have the, the different pieces you can pick from.:
I hope it doesn’t result in Disney going after these, these other people that have provided that serve as all of your years here. I can’t see them doing that. You can’t see Disney cracking down on someone who’s taking away their business. They got other things to worry about. These is ruthless from a business standpoint. Is the mafia is stop that bad. Okay. Sure. Okay. Uh, one of the other things, uh, that you can build is a droid. Um, and they kind of had that before. Um, they had the little droid factory where you could make the little figures and now they’re expanding it. Um, so you can do an r two unit or you can do a BB unit and different colors and different circuits and make it, make it your own. Um, then they’re going to have an area where you can have, uh, an alien. I’m in one of the, the dining areas. So that’s something. Yeah. Yes. Made with real life. Uh, and then obviously aliens of bound, the, you know, the, the outpost area. We’ll have tons of different characters, you know, walking around that you can, uh, intermingle with and do her music plans. Probably with Cantina music. I can’t imagine, uh, that there wouldn’t be. Um, so again, Galaxy’s edge opens, uh, May 31st in Anaheim and then on August 29th in Orlando.:
Very cool. All right. And just a side note, I, uh, I sent a coworker of mine out to California to do some work for us and he was going to be attending star wars, attending Disney the week after. So I hope to get a firsthand account of just how crazy it is out there:
with galaxies at Joe. Cause that, that should be interesting.:
Oh, it’s, hopefully it’ll serve as a less of a deterrent for us to go sooner than we were ready.:
Yeah. Very cool. So, and other Disneyland News. Um, I’ve found this article that I thought was rather interesting so far. Farley, the fiddler, um, is a cast member that’s been around for a almost 50 years. Um, one of the wandering characters that you’d find, uh, throughout the park. Disney used to have a lot more of them, um, in Disney world and Disneyland. And over the years, some of them have kind of faded away. Uh, but it was kind of interesting to, to hear that he was, was still around and he’s actually hanging up his spurs this holiday weekend, uh, after decades of, of playing music. Um, basically he wandered around frontier land and he would find a spot and just perform, you know, his little show a, he did seven shows a day, five days a week, Monday through Friday. Um, and he had a, Facebook has a Facebook page and people would follow him and, and post things, um, about him.:
Um, and he just, you know, enjoyed being there and, uh, you know, it’s, it was time for him to pack up his, his spurs. Uh, he was basically part of the immersive interactive entertainment of Disney before those words even existed. He, you know, he’s been there, you know, for, for a while. Um, but the good thing is that he’s not saying goodbye forever, that they are going to be booking him for different special events throughout the year. So he’ll still be, you know, coming back and they kind of do that too. Um, with Disney, Disney, I’ve seen that happen, um, when pleasure island was around and the adventurers club, they had a lot of character actors that had various parts that were part of the experience of, of the, of the restaurant, uh, of the, um, the nightclub. Right. And every now and then you’ll see them pop up, you know, for, for different things, you know, throughout the year.:
So it’s nice that Disney still, you know, hold on to them. So that was, that was kind of a sweet story, you know, that was he the original actor that the original case over the, played that? Yeah. Yeah. There was no one else put it in your size, original role. So it was, again, it was, you know, kind of a bittersweet closing out. Now I didn’t see anything if he was going to be replaced by anybody, but Disney world has, has their different, uh, characters that, that pop up, you know, from time to time and, and do these little, you know, it was just a case of, of him just retired. I’m getting to retirement age or Disney phasing. This just decided it was time. Plus he, he kind of figured get out before the craziness of star wars galaxies. He was sort of a wanderer.:
He didn’t have a, Steve said no, he basically would play, he’d, you know, wander around frontier land and sometimes it would be in front of this one area and sometimes it would be there. He’d just Kinda [inaudible] favorite. Right, exactly. That’s pretty cool. Yeah. So that was kind of sweet. So hopefully they’ll have something else come and replace them so you don’t lose that. Right. That real. And people that were, you know, fans of his, you know, that enjoyed going and seeing him on, keep that up. So, was there any word that he’d be performing outside of Disney? No. Nothing. No. Nothing about that. Basically, he just going to enjoy the California weather. Absolutely. For him. I’m sure he’s earned it. [inaudible] awesome. Well that’s it for Disney. Detective sure is.:
entertainment news this week we have wedding bells from a couple of cast members from a TV show that we enjoy in fact has been a insightful pick on the onshore has. So, and what was kind of funny was I didn’t even realize that these two were, were dating. Yeah. Well, no. Lo tells us anything anymore. We didn’t, we didn’t get the invite. We shouldn’t get anything. Um, yeah. So it’s the costars from, uh, the show, the Orval. Um, it’s Adrian polytech and publicly, um, and Scott Grimes. Um, they were married in front of friends relation to Rick, right? No, no, that was funny. Look at you. Those good. Um, so they got married, uh, last Sunday in front of friends and family in Austin, Texas. Um, they shared various on their Twitter account. Um, and uh, this past Monday, uh, writing that last night was truly amazing. I’m so grateful for the friends and family who made the trip to celebrate with us and to all of you for the kind words.:
Um, they actually began dating last year. Adrian was previously engaged to a stunt man, Jack, uh, Speidel in 2014 but their relationship end to the following year. Um, Grimes has a son and a daughter from his marriage, a previous marriage, um, where they went in 2000, I’m sorry, in 1997. Um, and he was also married to a makeup artist from 2011 to 2017. So this is his third marriage and this is her first. Very cool. Yeah. So it was nice because again, didn’t even know that they believe they got engaged in January, the show and the show scripted and acted in such a way that right. Yeah. They don’t interact in that level. And when you do see them, they kind of can’t stand each other in some way. So it was good. Yeah. So it was kind of sweet and there were a couple of different cast members, um, from the various shows that they’ve both worked on.:
As you can see, uh, being ya. Um, worked with her on agents of shield. Um, she’s worked with Scott before on other things. So it was, you know, it was neat to see them posting photos from the event as well. So congratulations. Are rather small event the date. Yeah. Yeah. It was, you know, small and intimate, you know, I guess from a fan standpoint it’s kind of Nice to see people that are in the entertainment business not doing a big giant, you know, it wasn’t like a George Clooney super secret. Some estate somewhere to do it. Right. She’s like, Oh, you know, we’re from Texas, let’s do it. And you know, our hometown. So really, really sweet. Cool. What else we got? So the other big shake up, uh, was Adam Levine suddenly decides that he is not returning to the voice for next season. Um, he’s been on it for 16 seasons.:
Um, it was actually the host of the show, Carson Daly that broke the news on the today show on Friday and revealing that Shelton’s girlfriend Gwen Steffani, who had been on the season had done season nine and season 12 would be replacing him next year. Uh, it was definitely a surprise. It seems that even Disney executives were kind of shocked and we’re unaware of it because when, um, earlier this month when NBC did their upfronts, um, he was mentioned as still being a host of the show. So it was kind of a sudden, um, so he basically sources had said that he really just wasn’t having fun for some time now and I guess was kind of getting a little bored with it. And, uh, you know, so there were some, it was, it sounded like there were some mutual agreements that it was okay for him to leave, but there weren’t any hard feelings.:
But now there are some stories that have been coming out and saying that there were some hard feelings. So, you know, I don’t know what, you know, what it is. Um, but you know, there was a source that said he was just kind of burnt out by it. And then Blake Shelton, you know, said that he didn’t know he was leaving until the day before the announcement. And you know, he said that it was, uh, he was having a hard time wrapping his head around it, um, with him not being there, you know, and after 16 seasons a lot had changed, you know, for, for all of them. And he said he was really going to miss working with that idiot. Um, and Adam and Blake were actually two of the original hosts or judges on the show, a cee Lo green and Christina Aguilera. We’re part of the original four that we’re on. Um, so, you know, a lot of judges have kind of come and gone, but Adam and Blake were, were the originals. So it’ll be interesting to say,:
you know, we’re kind of impact. Do you think that’s going to have on the longevity of the show?:
I don’t know. I think because the, you know, the, the, I think what’s nice about the voice now, I’ve, I’ve watched it often on, um, I usually don’t watch a whole season and I’ll usually catch a couple of episodes. What I’ve always liked about the voices that they, in the beginning, they do go purely off of the voice. It doesn’t matter what your age is, what you look like. Because the way that the show is geared is that the, the judges don’t see who is singing. They’re only going by what they can hear when, when it starts off. Um, the show, they have, you know, international versions of it, you know, that that play where there’s, you know, different judges. There are some judges that were on the US version that, you know, go on to the international version and, and whatnot. So I think it’s one of those things, I think it’s kind of Nice too, because I think they were kind of getting a little stale. And when Kenny Kelly Clarkson came on that kind of revitalize, and especially the first year, it was her person that won. Um, so I think it, I think it kind of works when they keep changing it up a little bit.:
Well, I kind of have flashbacks to American idol, you know, when, uh, Simon cowel left, right, right. And it kind of left the whole show and alert at that point because he carried the show. Right.:
And I think that that’s the thing that’s a little bit different is that with the voice, what I think a lot of people are going to miss is the bickering back and forth between Blake and uh, and Adam, they kind of had like a bromance at times, but yet they would always kind of pick on each other. But then all of the judges kind of do that, you know, Kelly Little more evenly spread across. Right. And like with Kelly, you know, coming in, she kind of was able to poke fun at everybody to, whereas with American idol, it was, you know, a little bit different where Simon was just the mean person, right. All around a very vital role. Right, right. So it’s different. So it’ll, you know, it’ll be interesting to see, but different judges come and go and I think that kind of helps to, to spice it up.:
So, you know, it’s nice to have a successful enough career that you can walk away from something like this while giving it a second thought. Right. And it’s not like he doesn’t have anything else to do right now. He’s the front man of Maroon five. Yeah. You know, so it might just be, let me, you know, spend some time, you know, you might see more creative work coming out of the band at this at this point. Absolutely. Absolutely. So good luck to him. Very cool. Shall we move on to our insightful picks? I think we shall.:
as always, dear, I defer to you first. Maybe one day you should go first, then I’ll get yelled at. I don’t want that just saying, you know, cause sometimes you should change things up. So I’m paying y’all walk out, you know that somebody else wants to show maybe animal vines available to host the podcast. I nevermind. Alright. Yeah. Insightful, insightful pex. So my insights, we’ll pick a this week is an American drama on NBC called New Amsterdam. Uh, it’s actually based on a book called 12 patients the life and death at Bellevue Hospital. Uh, it premiered, uh, last September on NBC. Um, and it has a very interesting cast of, of doctors, a hospital, uh, executives. Um, uh, the, the, and it’s basically, you know, it’s your typical hospital drama. But what’s nice is there’s so many different cast members and everybody has their own little story going on.:
And each week you kind of find out a little something about each person that, uh, this one, uh, you know, the one doctor is a strain from his son, but over the course of the season, he develops a relationship and you find out why there was the strain meant. Um, but the cast works, um, you very well together. Uh, it was actually announced in February that they were going to be getting a second season. So that’s, that’s always nice when you enjoy the show that it is going to be coming back. Um, but the main character is doctor Max Goodwin. A, he’s a brilliant, charming, a doctor who at the beginning of the season, uh, becomes the new medical director at America’s oldest public hospital. Um, and basically he’s trying to tear down the bureaucracy, um, to be able to give care to, to everyone. So a lot of the times it’s him fighting with, you know, upper management on, you know, what we have to do.:
And you know, he basically cleans house and you know, in, in one, uh, episode, he kind of works on a barter system. You know, he has all these, you know, the patients that owe money to the hospital, but he finds out that this one’s a painter and this one, um, you know, does electrical work and you know, so basically, okay, well you need to come and work in the hospital for so many hours to pay back your bill and your debt is paid. So, you know, things, common sense things that, you know, kind of make you think and like, oh, maybe we should do that in, in our day and age. And in society, that’s going to happen if they felt scared. No, of course not. But it’s a nice, it’s a nice dream, you know, to have. So it’s again, it’s, you know, it’s a nice drama, you know, there’s some, you know, meaningful parts and you know, parts that make you think and uh, you know, and some, some comedy thrown in, you know.:
But overall it’s a nice little feel good feel good show, kind of the things that I kind like to watch. So now is the season over, is it still? Yes. They actually just had their season finale, uh, two weeks ago I think. Um, so if you want to catch it, you know, on demand, there were actually 22 episodes of the season. Yeah. It was actually a full, yeah. Yeah. Nowadays, you know, most shows it’s a 12. What I’m seeing, I think it was, it was actually 22, so yeah, go back and catch up on it and you know, hopefully it’ll be back, you know, next September. So that’s when they are expecting it back. I know you did say they’ve, well that, yeah, they renewed it and that’s when it premiered. So, you know, there was no date, but I’m guessing they’re going to keep it with the same, you know, the same schedule. So thank you. Thank you. So I will stick with my um, boring history, scientific entertaining picks that I go with. Uh, and it’s another mystery show. This one is mysteries of the abandoned on a science channel. Uh, again, not a, not a brand new show they’re on currently on season four. That’s better than season, like:
- So yeah. Um, they’ve been producing I think two years now. So there’s about 31 episodes are about an hour long. Um, and the, the intro reads as follows, I, cause I was going to rewrite this, but it’s so well written. I haven’t had to keep it. They were, they were once some of the most advanced structures and facilities on the planet standing at the cutting edge of design and construction. Today they are abandoned, dangerous. Some of them even deadly from uninhabited cities to empty factories. These long forgotten engineering marvels are scattered across the globe. Science channel covers why some of the world’s most advanced architectural achievements were eventually left behind. And the all new, although not new series of mysteries of the abandoned, mmm. Each season is a bout six episodes long. Okay. And they go in what’s really is they go in and they look at stuff that was once at the heyday.:
They did, uh, the rocket base at peanut Mungia in Germany at one point in time, they take you back to Chernobyl and they take you in the next episode that I’ve seen multiple times. Yeah. Um, they go up into the French Alps and they show you some of the, you know, what was considered the Maginot line at the time prior to World War Two that was designed again to defend against, not the Germans, but the Italians because they, the French had the foresight to realize the Italians were aggressors as well. Um, and what’s really neat is they go in and they, they walked through these, these environments, these secret bases and these abandoned factories, and they show you, um, some of the Cold War era technology that when you look at it, you’re like, all right. Yeah, it’s from the fifties and sixties. But when this stuff came out, oh yeah.:
They were doing all kinds of crazy scientific stuff with these things. MMM. And, and you know, none of it’s going to be resurrected, but a lot of these were so top secret that the stories would have never been told. Um, and some of these facilities are monumental in scale. You know, there’s cities that they show you that one happened to be a mining city in I think it was Peru, where they were mining, um, uh, material to build, uh, ammunition for. And fertilizer was originally for fertilizer. It was, uh, uh, potassium nitrate. And if they happened to have this location in the desert out there where potassium nitrate was naturally occurring on the surface. So they build a city around it. And that became the number one x. And then World War II happened and the allies had blockaded any exports of this because it was being sent to Germany to make munitions and the entire industry dried up.:
But like this town, cause it’s in the middle of the desert, everyone just left and abandoned. Yeah. And it’s like perfectly preserved and it was turned into a world heritage site because of how well preserved at wow. Wow. Um, but it’s just, it’s one of those things where it’s an insight into history where you would not normally have and learned about it. Right. So if you’re a history buff, it’s definitely worth taking a look at. That is mysteries of the abandoned on science channel chip in local listing. Uh, before we leave, I did want to offer a programming note. Uh, one thing we have been neglecting recently have been our audio podcast listeners. I know, uh, I’ve said multiple times that our links to the articles that we refer to here are in our credits, which is fantastic for our video watchers, uh, but is pretty much useless for our audio listeners.:
So we do apologize for that. And what we will be doing is including our show notes in their entirety on our website. So you’ll be able to go to www dot insights into things not come visit our insights in entertainment shows there and get the show notes with all the links, uh, and all of our insightful pics. And everything else. Basically the show knows that we work off of. Um, you’ll also be able to find contact information for us there. You’ll be able to find our show transcripts as well. If you just want to read through the transcripts, I will offer a caveat. They are, they are done, um, by an automated system, so they are not always entirely accurate. Uh, they do a fantastic job murdering our last name, um, which I think it’s so comical. I don’t bother correcting at each time. Um, what else?:
Oh, also are a youtube channel is now available. You can reach us at a youtube.com/c for channel slash insights into things. You can see all of our podcasts there along with, um, we have playlists set up by show and I think that was all the public service announcements we had. Did I miss anything? No, I think that was it. But we did want to kind of mention, we didn’t mention this last week because we hadn’t gotten to it yet, so we weren’t sure if we wanted to to plug it. But yesterday we went to a toy show, um, that was down in the maze landing area. So if any of you are in the South Jersey, um,:
it was one that I had been hearing about and kind of sounded interesting. So we decided to take a lovely Saturday drive on the Memorial Day holiday weekend down towards the shore, which fortunately we didn’t really hit too much traffic. We were very lucky. Um, and it was a lovely little hidden gem of a toy show that we found. It was more of a, a toy flea market, I guess you could say. Uh, they had various different vendors there, some vendors that, you know, uh, had different stores, um, where, you know, this was a place for them to come and bring some stuff. And then other people that did flea markets and then other people that, you know, just kind of come out every now and then, um, with, with toys to, to sell. Uh, basically anything and everything was there. Um, if you were into Legos, if you were into star wars, if you were into pop, you know, the pop vinyls, you know, the, there was definitely something there, annual show, right.:
And Oh, far point toys, uh, which they have a store, which I kind of felt bad cause afterwards we had never even gone into the actual, they’re like, oh crud, we forgot to go into the store. Uh, they had a food truck there. Uh, they had a water ice truck there. Um, it was free to attend. Uh, there was, uh, they had plenty of parking. They had parking across the street and they even had somebody who was wearing a punisher shirt, which we thought was kind of funny. Uh, that was directing traffic for, you know, helping people, you know, cross the road. I’m just all around, you know, Nice Community of people. Like everybody, you know, very supportive. Yeah. You know, you walked into, somebody’s tend to was, hey, can I help you? What are you looking for? You know, your typical show that you go to your pump culture show you go to and it’s a bunch of sharks that are trying to raise money.:
Right. You know, a lot of people would negotiate and you know, there were some people where, you know, the prices were just so good. You didn’t have to, you know, negotiate. We all were collectors selling to collectors. Exactly right. They even had, uh, some, uh, they had, um, the a team than celebrity vehicles that have a general, they had the generally, right. So that was kind of cool too. So, you know, people were taking, you know, taking pictures of that. It was a beautiful day out. Um, and it was, it was a really good event. You know, we, we really enjoyed ourselves and it’s definitely one that’s now, you know, on our radar, uh, to definitely attend. And the other nice thing too was that when we were talking to one of the vendors, it was actually free vend as well. Um, so anybody that you know, has a lot of stuff that they’re looking to, you know, to, to sell and you don’t want to have to pay, you know, uh, you know, a, a table fee. Um, you know, this might be something to look at if you’re, if you’re in the area. So, so big shout out to a four point toys for sponsoring that. And, uh, I think we’re done for the day. I think we are. All right. Thank you for another great podcast here. Thank you as well, my love, and we will talk to everyone next week.:
- Insights into Entertainment: Episode 15 “Living on the Edge”
- Disney Detective
- Disney Offers First Look at Guidemap for Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland Park
- Disney has just released a first look at the official Disneyland Park guidemap, featuring the full map of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, as well as attraction and dining markers throughout the land. Check out their full announcement below!
- When Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge opens at Disneyland park on May 31, it will be the largest and most technologically advanced single-themed land expansion ever in a Disney park. You’ll step right into a remote planet full of unique sights, sounds, smells, tastes and other immersive experiences.
- As you can see, there are three entrances into the new 14-acre land. Once inside, Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge will be filled with plenty of stories to explore as you live your own adventure—from an authentic Star Wars cantina on the Outer Rim of the galaxy to exotic creatures, a Resistance encampment and daring missions aboard the Millennium Falcon!
- You can now also navigate Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge on your mobile phone or desktop! Check out the map on Disneyland.com and the official Disneyland App.
- Mark Your Calendars for the Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Live Dedication Ceremony
- To celebrate, our pals at the Disney Parks Blog have just announced that they’ll be hosting a very special #DisneyParksLIVE stream—presented by AT&T—covering the dedication ceremony on Wednesday, May 29, beginning at 8:20 p.m. PDT/11:20 p.m. EDT. (Trust us, East Coast friends; it’ll be worth staying up for!)
- COOL THINGS YOU MIGHT NOT KNOW ABOUT STAR WARS
- STAR WARS: DATAPAD. First, make sure to download the Play Disney Parks app before you arrive, because once you enter the Black Spire Outpost, you can use it to turn your phone into the Star Wars: Datapad. This Datapad will allow you to interact with droids, scan objects for special messages, and translate Aurebesh, the written language of the Star Wars The app also helps you to unscramble coded transmissions and hack into the cool devices, control panels, and even droids that you’ll encounter.
- CUSTOM LIGHTSABERS. Feel the Force! When it comes to picking out your very own lightsaber, you have two options to choose from—either a legacy version or a custom creation that you make yourself! The first location to check out is Dok-Ondar’s Den of Antiquities, which will have 10 lightsabers available, each based on famous blades from Star Wars. The second spot, though—called Savi’s Workshop—allows you to build your very own lightsaber from materials in the shop, including differently colored kyber crystals.
- TAKE A DROID HOME. In another area of the theme park, the eerie narrator of your Doombuggy warns that a ghost may follow you home from the Haunted Mansion. It’s meant as a warning, but in Galaxy’s Edge you’ll actually want to take someone home with you—your very own droid. Just stop by Mubo’s Droid Depot to design and acquire the perfect droid for you. There are two basic models: an R2 unit—like R2-D2—or a BB unit, similar to the adorable BB-8. A conveyor belt provides all the pieces you need to assemble your newest creation, after which you choose a personality circuit. C’mon, admit it—we’ve all wished we could have a droid friend to hang with, and now we can.
- BREAKFAST IN BLACK SPIRE OUTPOST. Aliens eat breakfast, too, so it makes perfect sense that Oga’s Cantina will cater to this hungry crowd. If you’re lucky enough to visit early in the day (and why shouldn’t you?), then don’t miss out on the tasty breakfast options at Oga’s, which will open most mornings at 8 a.m. Feeling adventurous? Try Oga’s Rising Moons Overnight Oats and Mustafarian Lava Rolls. You can also head over to Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo, which has plenty of breakfast offerings, including meals for the youngest aliens in your group, such as the Bright Suns Youngling Breakfast (scrambled eggs, purple potatoes, and fresh fruit).
- ALIENS, ALIENS, and MORE ALIENS! Be prepared to see and hear aliens of all stripes and sizes wandering the streets of Black Spire Outpost. But for an up-close and personal look at some of the best-known creatures from the Star Wars films, make sure to visit Dok-Ondar’s Den of Antiquities, a place full of oddities from across the galaxy. Dok Ondar himself is an Ithorian—in the original Star Wars: A New Hope film, the “Hammerhead” alien was an Ithorian. He has two very familiar creatures within the walls of his shop. In his aquarium, guests will find a baby Dianoga, which is the same type of creature that was seen inside the trash compactor with Luke, Han, and Leia in A New Hope. And on Dok Ondar’s wall is the head of a taxidermized Wampa, which is the same type of creature that attacked Luke and dragged him into a cave on the planet Hoth in Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back.
- These are just some of the sights, sounds, and tastes you have in store for you upon your journey to Batuu. Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge opens May 31 at Disneyland in Anaheim and August 29 at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Florida. May the Force Be With You!
- Farley the Fiddler: Disneyland’s roping, joking, fiddling cowboy hangs up his spurs and heads for the sunset
- Disneyland’s Farley the Fiddler will be hanging up his spurs this holiday weekend after decades of entertaining generations of dedicated fans with music and laughter as the roping, joking, fiddling cowboy of Frontierland.
- Gary Francisco, better known to his legions of Disneyland fans as Farley the Fiddler, will retire from his daily Disneyland gig on Memorial Day after a Dedicated fans knew they could always count on a little music and laughter from the famed fiddler on the front porch of the Pioneer Mercantile shop.
- “Right at the entrance to Frontierland,” said Francisco, 67, of the Fawnskin community of Big Bear Lake. “That’s been my home for years.”half century of playing the comedic character.
- With seven shows a day, five days a week, Monday through Friday, that’s more than 40,000 performances during his Disneyland career. His fans who follow his Facebook page know when and where Farley will be performing. His stage is wherever he pauses to play in Frontierland. A semi-circle crowd of onlookers soon gathers to listen to his fun-filled fiddle playing, laugh at his corny jokes and maybe even learn a little rodeo roping.
- In short, Farley the Fiddler has been offering interactive and immersive entertainment for decades before those became theme park buzzwords.
- Saying goodbye won’t be that easy though for Francisco. Disneyland’s entertainment department has already booked him for upcoming special events at the park.
- Entertainment News
- Wedding News
- ‘The Orville’ co-stars Adrianne Palicki and Scott Grimes wed
- Adrianne Palicki and Scott Grimes married in front of family and friends in Austin, Texas, on Sunday.
- The Orville actress shared several pictures of the occasion on her Twitter page on Monday, writing: “Last night was truly amazing! I am so grateful for all the friends and family who made trip to celebrate with us, and to all of you for the kind words.”
- Palicki and Grimes reportedly started dating last year.
- Palicki was previously engaged to stuntman Jackson Spidell in 2014, their relationship ended the following year.
- Grimes has a son and a daughter from his marriage to Dawn Bailey-Grimes, who he wed in 1997. He was also previously married to make-up artist Megan Moore from 2011 to 2017.
- Inside Adam Levine’s Sudden Exit From ‘The Voice’ and What’s Next for Him
- Adam Levine shocked his fans on Friday when it was announced that he was leaving The Voice after 16 seasons.
- Voice host Carson Daly broke the news on the Today show on Friday and revealed Shelton’s girlfriend, Gwen Stefani — who competed on seasons nine and 12 of the show — will replace him next season. The news was definitely a surprise, given that the hit NBC singing competition had already announced earlier this month at the NBC upfronts that Levine would be returning alongside Blake Shelton, Kelly Clarkson and John Legend.
- While Levine’s departure was unexpected, a source tells ET that 40-year-old Levine hasn’t been having fun at The Voice for some time. According to the source, the Maroon 5 frontman had been thinking of leaving the show for years and didn’t want to come back next season. The source says he and NBC came to a mutual agreement for him to leave and that there are no hard feelings. The source adds that it wouldn’t be a surprise to see Levine appear in the new season of The Voice in some capacity.
- Meanwhile, a second source tells ET that Adam was “burned out” by the show.
- Interestingly enough, Levine’s fellow coach, 42-year-old Blake Shelton, admitted he didn’t know Levine was leaving until a day before the announcement was made. Levine and Shelton’s close friendship and playful ribbing of one another was a big part of The Voice, and the two were the only original coaches remaining after CeeLo Green and Christina Aguilera’s previous exits.
- “Having a hard time wrapping my head around @adamlevine not being at @NBCTheVoice anymore,” Shelton tweeted on Friday. “After 16 seasons that changed both of ours lives. I only found out about this yesterday and it hasn’t set in on me yet. Gonna miss working with that idiot.”
- Insightful Picks
- New Amsterdam is an American medical drama television series, based on the book Twelve Patients: Life and Death at Bellevue Hospital by Eric Manheimer, that premiered on September 25, 2018 on NBC. The series was created by David Schulner and stars Ryan Eggold, Freema Agyeman, Janet Montgomery, Jocko Sims, Anupam Kher, and Tyler Labine. In February 2019, it was announced that the series had been renewed for a second season
- Dr. Max Goodwin is brilliant, charming — and the new medical director at America’s oldest public hospital. While he’s set on tearing down the bureaucracy to provide exceptional care, the doctors and staff are not so sure. They’ve heard this before, and no one else has delivered on those promises. Not taking no for an answer, Max disrupts the status quo and proves he will stop at nothing to breathe new life into this understaffed, underfunded and underappreciated hospital — the only one in the world capable of treating Ebola patients, prisoners from Rikers Island and the president of the United States all under one roof — and return it to the glory that put it on the map. Inspired by Bellevue in New York City.
- Mysteries of the Abandoned
- On the Science Channel
- Currently on Season 4
- Total of 31 Episodes so far
- One hour long episodes
- They were once some of the most advanced structures and facilities on the planet, standing at the cutting-edge of design and construction. Today they are abandoned, dangerous, some of them even deadly. From uninhabited cities to empty factories, these long-forgotten engineering marvels are scattered around the globe. Science Channel uncovers why some of the world’s most advanced architectural achievements were eventually left behind in the all-new series Mysteries of the Abandoned.
- Each of the six, hour-long episodes of Mysteries of the Abandoned features stories behind engineering wonders, why they were built and the reasons they were eventually left to crumble. Each story recalls the people who originally designed the structure, their historical significance, and why they were ultimately no longer of use. The premiere episode explores California’s Goat Canyon Trestle railway, known as the ‘Impossible Railroad,’ that required the biggest wooden trestle bridge in the world; Ukraine’s Duga, the notorious anti-ballistic missile radar, known as the ‘Russian Woodpecker,’ that still stands in within the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone; and the Grand Goulets Road in the French Alps, an astonishingly narrow and perilous mountain passageway.
- After thoughts
- Hosted by Farpoint Toys & Collectables & It’s a Toy Store
You must be logged in to post a comment.